A flip unitrust can be an excellent way for you to give an asset that may take time to sell and receive substantial payments for life once the asset is sold. You might also be interested in using a flip unitrust to make a gift now that will supplement your income in the future, such as when you retire.
A charitable flip unitrust could be right for you if:
- You want to give an asset that is hard to sell (such as real estate or closely-held stock).
- You want to supplement your retirement income.
- You want to save capital gains taxes.
- You itemize your deductions and want to save income tax.
- You want to choose the person who administers your gift and guides its investments.
- You want to make a generous gift to nonprofit of your choice.
- You are considering a gift amount of $50,000 or more.